Since the blackberries have taken over one of my beds and most of the aisle between the beds, I decided to create a new raised bed from one of the old ones, perpendicular to the others. I wasn’t able to do much with the old ones for the past few years because of the shade. It took most of the day, as I had to dig a trench for the new bed , remove the old wood and rebuild it into a new bed, fill the bed with soil and compost and then roto-till it.
But, it’s done and ready to plant with vegetables for the fall. I got little red bites all over my forearms from some critters, but they don’t itch, so no big deal.